|syphilis and saliva
Feb 17, 2014
yesterday i asked a guy a cigarette and he gave me the cigarette which he was smoking... today i was told that he has syphilis... am i in danger?????
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi Syphilis is transmitted from person to person by direct contact with syphilis sores. Sores occur mainly on the external genitals, vagina, anus, or in the rectum. Sores also can occur on the lips and in the mouth. Syphilis can be transmitted during vaginal, anal, or oral sexual contact. So unless he had an apparent open sore on his lips you are not at risk.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- In Hiv If High Levels Of Protein Is Detected In The Urine Would I Have An Infection
- When Does Leukoplakia Show Up In Hiv?
- What To Look For When You Have An Hpv Breakout?
- What To Do If Antibiotics Not Helping Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Over The Counter Products Can Help Prevent Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Does A Herpes Bump Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.