help plz.. abut HIV

I was made a unprotected oralsex with sex worker and protected sex for 4-5 minutes on 6weeks back.I saw a blood scar on her thigh and check if it's me by fingering her , but i dont see blood in her vagina.I thought my condom in well. I am now in a worry about attack of HIV. I made HIV 1&2 test at 5 weeks came negative. when can be conclusive test for me and am I at risk of HIV ?? plz help me i didnt have a good sleep since 5 weeks..

Hi Your overall risk of HIV transmission is very small. You did everything right.

First: The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. Please note that other sexually transmitted infections are readily spread via oral contact and you may need to be checked for these.

Next: HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Also if lubricant is used it must be water based.

Lastly: The testing guidelines for HIV are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure and then again at 90 days. As long as there are no other exposures happened during this time frame than the results are conclusive.

reinfected
Hi Shannon