For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

HIV oral trans. higher for men or women?

Hi, I've asked questions on here before but please excuse my ignorance but when I read the responses of "Oral sex and hiv transmission carries extremely low risk" I wonder if there is a difference from giving a 'blowjob' and going down on a girl? Do differences in female/male anatomy increase/decrease the risk?

I'm wondering if eating a woman out is riskier because vaginal fluid/vaginal canal is much larger than the male urthera opening so more fluid comes out? I'd greatly appericate an answer!

Many factors impact risk of transmission. A major determinant is the amount of virus in a fluid. So more important than whether the fluid came from a man or a woman is the load of virus in it. Other factors include the volume of the fluid involved, the presence of STDs, and the susceptibility of the un-infected partner.

I really do not think that oral sex carries a risk of transmission, though.

Dr. Wohl - please reply to this question. Thank you so much!
Viral load test results; stop PEP?