HIV from touching blood with open cuts?

Hi I am a worrier with OCD I just wanted someone with knowledge to answer my questions Basically today I noticed blood on a plastic wrapping packing (from a delivery) I touched it about a hour after the person who cut themselfs touched it , I really need to know how long does HIV live outside the body , so in instance , the person got blood on wrapper hour later it got touched , would HIV have died? I'm talking in the worst case that this person may have had it but you can't ever be too careful If I can get the professional and correct answer to how long does it live outside the body and am I at risk from this exposure it will help me in future cases . I have seen replies to posts that's say it has to be a prolonged and direct could you please tell me in detail what this means Thank you

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for question,

HIV dies within minutes of leaving the body. Basically, if you didn't see someone leave the blood.. too much time has passed, HIV is dead.

I'm more concerned with your OCD though. This can get in the way of believing that you didn't have risk from this situation.

The answer isn't in getting more details. The answer is in getting ongoing treatment for your OCD.

If you're having trouble finding someone, search online for local counseling centers.

Hope this helps,

Erik

Critical amount question still waiting ....
hiv and aids