Have I Killed My Family!

Dec 14, I engaged in protective sex with 2 CSW in a Caribbean country that has a fairly high HIV infection rate (1.2%). A new condom was opened for insertion vaginal coitus with both individuals however I didn't cruciform if they had broken during the activity. While kissing on one of the young ladies breast, some milk was expressed into my mouth. I wanted to spit it out but I ended up swallowing it. 3 weeks later (Jan 8) I had a very bad head ache and fever that lasted 3-4 days with extreme fatigue. The remainder of the week I was very fatigue and noted that I had swollen lymph nodes (1 behind my neck, both arms and i believe in my groin area). I then had what looks like a rash on my trunk that lasted a few days and a sore trout. I am in the Caribbean so I just believed that I was infected by dengue (I had several mosquito bites). How ever I became concern when my wife started to have the similar symptoms, but lives in Texas (I returned home for X-Mas) She had a Head ache for 1 week starting January 20 and a persistent dry cough for 1 week. Yesterday Feb 8, 2014 she started to have a rash after testing some furniture in a department store. While i feel that the node behind my neck is still large and I cannot confirm if the nodes in my arms are large because I am a big guy, but they feel funny and my tonsils are still large, starting Feb 3rd I have been having night sweats and I have a whit coating on my tongue that brushes off. While I know that I need to be tested, I am waiting for the 3 month confirmation date of March 14. I am very concerned and keep thinking that I have killed my family. I keep running several situations in my mind was the condom expired, did it rip, did it have a hole, was the young lady infected and did my salivary gland absorbed some of the milk expressed into my mouth. I am here lying next to my beautiful 3 yr old son and fell like I have ruined his and his mom's like. What should I do????? Help!

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your questions,

But here's the thing: what you're describing doesn't sound risky for HIV.

Protected sex doesn't carry a risk for HIV unless the condom rips, which doesn't sound like it happened!

The mouth is not an efficient way to get HIV. On top of that, your mouth came in contact with a very minimal amount of breast milk.

I'm sorry to hear about what you and your wife have been experiencing, but these "symptoms" can be explained by tons of things.

Hope this helps,

Erik

P.S. It's important to keep in mind that just because someone is a commercial sex workers and/or from a "Caribbean country that has a fairly high HIV infection rate" doesn't mean that they're likely to give you HIV. It's about what the sexual behavior between you looks like.

Hand job
Freaked out that I am HIV+ & HepC+