Protected (condom) sex with many women - chances of HIV+

I have had protected sex with many women including prostitutes whose HIV status I do not know. All sex was protected. In fact, I have never had sex without a condom in my life.

Now I have found a girlfriend and before doing anything with her, I would like to get a test for HIV and other STI's.

I know you you cannot put a number on this, but what are my chances of being HIV positive? I guess I am getting worried as to how much these condoms actually protected me?

Hi You are correct that I can't put a number on it, but the overall risk with the use of a condom is incredibly low. Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Also if lubricant is used it must be water based.

The best thing to do is for you both to know your status and that's by getting tested. This way you know you're starting out on a clean slate with one another.

quicj follow up much appreciated
IS MEASLES AN EFFECT OF HIV? PLS... PLS... HELP ME ITS MY 4TH TIME WRITING THIS...