Toddler transmition of HIV

My daughter is doing foster caser for a child who may be HIV due to birth parents severe drug addiction. THe child is not potty trained, has severe nose mucus issues due to chronic infection and is a serial biter. She has bitten everyone in the house an daycare providers as well as other children. Since CPS will not inform the foster famiy if the child has been tested and the child can only be tested with a judges order/ is there any risk to other children who the child bites/ for diaper change or mucus exposure. Concerned Grandma

Hi You're right to be concerned as a grandma and rest assured this is not a way for HIV transmission to occur! HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

Your grandchild is fine and will not get HIV from interaction from the child. If the child does have HIV, getting it through biting carries an incredibly low risk, it is easier to get other types of bacterias not HIV.

confusion
I am worried please help me