oral thrush scaring me..
Feb 10, 2014
I have tested hiv- at 16 weeks but for some reason I have oral thrush I have taken 7 oraquick test all negative from week 10 to week 16 could they be wrong???
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi There are many reasons you can have thrush. Anytime your immune system is compromised, from the flu or other type of infection thrush can happen. If you are on antibiotics it can happen as well. The testing guidelines for HIV are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure and then again at 90 days. As long as there are no other exposures happened during this time frame than the results are conclusive.
So your testing history shows that you are HIV free. With the symptoms of thrush I would recommend that you follow up with your health care provider for evaluation and treatment.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Be Cured With Over The Counter Wart Medicine?
- How Long Does Hpv Last In The Immune System?
- Usual Dosage Of Amoxicillin For Chlamydia
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.