hiv and marrige

hiv +ve can marry and get kid safely please advice

Hi Yes most definitely you can get married and have children. Ensuring you are on medication and adherent, have an undetectable viral load the risk of transmission to your partner is very low and with the right care and treatment during pregnancy the child can be born HIV free. If you are a man living with HIV there is a procedure called sperm washing where they are able to clean the sperm of HIV and then inseminate your partner. If you are a woman living with HIV, being on treatment throughout your pregnancy the child will have a less than 1% chance of being born HIV positive.

Though my husband and I are not going to have children, he is negative and I'm positive. We do have a fantastic life, including a great sex life.

My HIV transmission status
Infection with HIV