Paranoid about razor blade used during a biology lab

Hi there! I was recently doing a biology lab where everyone in the class was using razor blades to cut pieces of onion and potato to put under a microscope. During the lab I cut my wrist a tiny bit only a small layer of skin Came off and I don't recall bleeding. How high is the risk of contracting hiv from this situation? Thanks

Hi You cannot get HIV in this type of situation. In order for there to be a risk for exposure there would have to a lot of blood on the razor and just put there from another person that has HIV. So, no, you can not get HIV from touching an inanimate object. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid for a prolonged period of time.

To find out more on how HIV can and cannot be transmitted, go to our HIV101 page.

oral with condom
Pulling out while being undetectable