Can a Man with HIV have a child?

My boyfriend has HIV, we are young i am in no need to start a family. but knowing how we are, when we are much older maybe in our early thirties we will most likely want a child. Do we have to adopt? I read that women that are HIV positive still have children and there are ways for them to prevent it from passing to the child. but what about men? Could i bare him a child in the future? or is there no way to.

Hi Yes it is possible. There is a procedure called sperm washing. Where they are able to clean the sperm of HIV. Also you partner should be on medication and have an undetectable viral load which will decrease the risk of transmission as well. I know many couples who have had children both naturally and by adoption. The best thing is to find a specialist in HIV and pregnancy and work with your partners HIV specialist. But yes it is completely possible.

saliva/oraquick
Quick question pleasee answer!