Worried I transmitted hiv to my child

Hi I am very worried. I had an affair and the person had been tested, said he was negative. I never told my husband because it was a stupid mistake. Anyway my husband cut my sons hair with his clippers and nicked him! If we had anything can he get it? Now when I handle his food like peeling clementines I think I'm infecting him from a cut in my nails I don't know about. I'm so worried. What can I not do with my son to prevent anything if I have something?

Hi Even if you or your husband had HIV the risk of your son getting infected is, none. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. It's good to know that the other person has tested and is HIV negative and you should be tested as well just to ensure you know your status.

Risk of Performing Fellatio with Coldsore?
Donation Letter