The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Bump and Grind with mister top

Feb 5, 2014

So a good friend of mind always gets "handsy" when we are drunk and two weeks agao it went way farther than that (we are both gay guys). I was dating someone exclusively and still am despite this "mistake". It went as far as protected sex with me as the bottom and then me rubbing my penis head on/around his anus for quite some time with no full penetration. We were a bit tipsy and this has created quite a bit of guilt for me.

8 days after the encounter I experienced an evening where I was very very warm but I did not take my temp. The next morning I was so tired i could barely keep my eyes open.

THis guy has been known to not use protection and hasn't been tested in awhile. Is my risk and worry valid and are the symptoms potentially hiv related?

Thanks for all you do.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi For the situation you were in you did everything right to prevent HIV transmission. Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Also if lubricant is used it must be water based. As for you rubbing yourself on him, that raised the risk for the other sexually transmitted infections. But your overall risk of HIV transmission is incredibly low.

If your symptoms continue I would encourage you to follow up with your health care provider for evaluation.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

affried of infection

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint