MRSA in spinal cyst

I have had two fingers removed due to gangrene. I was operated in a few weeks ago to remove several disk due to MRSA infection. Antibiotics for a year now. Will this be my final nail in the coffin. Thanks Geneo

Hello Geneo and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear of your health challenges. Sounds like you had disseminated MSRA infection- such infections can be very serious (as yours was), but are treatable.

Long-term antibiotics helps to eradicate the infection from difficult to treat areas (like bone/spine or joints).

Having successfully treated several of such cases, I can say without doubt that this need not be your "nail in the coffin" at all. Treatment can be lengthy and (as in your case), occasionally requires surgical procedures to remove lingering pockets of infection, and depending on where the infected sites are, can cause residual disability. But, treatment can be successful.

I hope that helps and please write back anytime. BY

acne
Swollen Lymph Nodes