Feb 4, 2014
Shannon thanks for the reply. That's why I'm worried. There was blood involved, although very small amount. Our wounds might have touched during the struggle when arresting the suspect.
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The exposure would have to be prolong in your situation. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid for a prolonged period of time (for example: a blood soaked shirt of a health care worker that remained while she performed CPR).
The risk is extremely small. One thing you can ask for is if the person you arrested has been or will be tested. In Colorado as someone enters the corrections setting they are tested.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Foreplay Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.