pep and drinking heavy

I gave a man uprotected oral sex and he and a woman both gave me unprotected oral sex, i gave her oral sex unprotected also and licked her anus and his. I found out about pep 30 hrs from exposure. They gavw me a atripla and a script to take it for 30 days. Like an hour aftwr i took it i drank a hybrid alf pint of vodka and then the same that night. I have beendrinking heavy evety day because im so anxious. Like a pint od vodka or more a day everyday. Did that interfere with my pep from working? Should i stop taking it? Been taking it six days now...

Hi Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. Please note that other sexually transmitted infections are readily spread via oral contact and you may need to be checked for these.

Atripla for PEP after your only exposure being oral sex is a little overkill and most especially Atripla does not mix well with alcohol. There are other medications you can take for PEP that will work better if you are going to continue to drink. Alcohol does make them less effective. You may want to talk with your health care provider about switching to a different PEP or if you even need to continue. Yes you can get HIV from oral sex it's just an extremely low risk.

Chance of infection?
What is the chance of me getting HIV from oral sex?