hiv

I took hijama treatment in which the dr gave cuts and removed bad blood frm my body and applied betadine gel from the tube which he used for other same hijama patients. M worried can this transmit hiv to me

Hi The risk for HIV transmission in this manner is extremely low. If the person prior to you had HIV and there were blood left from that person on the cups or the beta-dine tube, the good news is HIV begins to die once it leaves the body and becomes unable to infect. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

KS through Kissing
HIV TESTING