Deep Kissing HIV Semen in Mouth

Hello Doctor, I recently participated in an orgy. I did not directly receive nor offer oral sex to anyone. However, I had a deep kissing with guy A right after guy B had ejaculated in his mouth. Although guy A had spited out the cum, would I be highly at risk of getting HIV by French kissing guy A if I had a small sore in my mouth?

Hi First, HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. Second, Deep or open-mouthed kissing is a very low risk activity in terms of HIV transmission. HIV is only present in saliva in very minute amounts, insufficient to cause infection with HIV and The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. Please note that other sexually transmitted infections are readily spread via oral contact and you may need to be checked for these.

All that being said, the risk of HIV transmission from your exposure is incredibly low to no risk.

Wiped Semen on tip
Was I at risk of transmission from having another person's blood on me?