Please doctor. Ive been waiting for my answers for weeks now.

I recently had sex with a sex worker.Her status was unknown. I was drunk that night. Its like, 3 days ago. I was wearing a condom all the time. I cant get it hard, we managed to put it inside for around 5seconds but not longer than that. i was just not able to put it in because it is not erecting. My question is that, How possible that I can get HIV? for an instance that the condom might have acquire a hole or a little tear on it? or her vaginal fluids might have touched my private part? Am I in a great risk? should I get tested?

Hi The risk is incredibly low. Wearing a condom was the best choice, many folks don't make good choices when they are drunk. So great job there!! HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. Because you wore a condom and because you were not able to become erect and have intercourse the risk is reduced more. Taking off the condom is the most important aspect for you here. Making sure you take it off cleanly and clean yourself after is the best thing to do.

The other important thing to remember is HIV is not the only sexually transmitted infection that you should be concerned about and those other STI's are easier to get! Make sure you continue to protect yourself. and anyone who is having sex with multiple partners or with someone you are not sure of their status should get tested! But your overall risk of HIV transmission from your experience here is extremely low.

STD or HIV risk?
Worry in pregnancy