Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

No disease found after severe HIV symptoms for over 7 months
Feb 1, 2014

Dear doctor,

For over 7 months I have been suffering from 'unexplained' symptoms that started with a strange illness in which I've had: - flu like feeling, burning armpits - night sweats - sore throat - constipation and gas

These symptoms initially loosened up after some 6-8 weeks (!). Afterwards I got terrible candida in my mouth and started getting sick with colds all the time.

I did NOT have an HIV exposure, but all my symptoms started just shortly after I've had blood drawn from hospital for routine check. I believed the hospital may have infected me with HIV. I live in the Netherlands (I know, Western World).

I started feeling better after a few months but oral candida (mild, inside cheeks), constipation and gas, and occasional shooting pain in my neck lymph nodes NEVER WENT AWAY. I have them as we speak. I even developed Diverticulitis.

Blood tests, endoscopy, stool tests, have all turned with normal values.

HIV Antibody testing at 1 1/2 monts, 3 1/2 months, 6 months and 7 1/2 months, all NEGATIVE.

I am seriously depressed and frustrated we cannot find the source of my illness(es).

the only thing they've found is severe Vitamin D defficiency which I read is related to HIV and low immunity.

What should I do next ? Doctors in my county are flabergasted.

Thank you.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

I can only imagine how frustrating this situation must be for you. I'm not sure what is causing these symptoms, and my only suggestion is that you continue to work with your doctors to determine a possible cause(s).

What I can tell you is that you do not have HIV. You are HIV negative. Any HIV testing done at 90 days are greater is considered conclusive.

In health and good luck,

Richard

Previous
Mutual Masterbation HIV exposure?
Next
how much precum is required to transmit hiv

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.