Worried about touching blood

I touched blood which was on the cotton.I know for sure that the blood was out of body for already twoo minutes. Later i bit my nail.Is there a risk of infection is some blood gets in my mouth.I am worried since my gums are not so healthy. Thanks in advance

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there No, even if the blood on the cotton had HIV, it would surely have died before you touched it. HIV is present in blood, semen, vaginal fluids and breast milk. To create an infection, one of these four body fluids with HIV in it must come into immediate and direct contact with the bloodstream or a mucous membrane of another person. I include the word "immediate" because the virus cannot survive for long outside the body. Oxygen destroys the virus. Take care Dr. W

worng unrolled condom precum and syntoms
Someone put their vaginal discharge (periods) along with urine in my deep fat frier filled with oil