The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV exposure

Jan 27, 2014


Recently i have protected sex with registered sex worker here in philippines, and it only last for 2 minutes. she was on top of me and doing work, i ejaculated inside here (with condom) and we continue 1 minute more until my penis lost erection. and when she try to get out on top of me we noticed that the condom stuck in her vagina, she easily took it out of her and immediately clean her self. i think some of my sperm is leak from the bottom of the condom. is there any risk or exposure from my side.? i've ask her some question about her check up for stds and hiv and she told me that the KTV management didnt allowed any women that is not undergoing of the given check ups. sorry for my english. thankyou

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Also if lubricant is used it must be water based. Because it was still in her when you withdrew you were still protected. There is actually more of a risk of she becoming infected with something than you. Just make sure that next time when you withdraw that you hold on to the condom as you pull out. This way you are sure it is staying on and coming out when you do. I do know that sex workers in the Philippines are routinely tested which is a very good thing.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Scared about infection
pls answer worried ask many time no reply

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint