Developed Symptoms after 9 days of exposure

On the 7th of this month, I had an encounter with a female CSW.

It was very brief and fully protected with a condom. I am pretty confident that it did not break or suffer from any leaks.

On the the 16th I developed a fever, a sore chest, coughing, slightly running nose, and general fatigue around my body. My tongue is fine and do not have any lymph nodes. Do I have ARS? Even with a fully protected encountered, is it still possible to contract HIV? Was it possible for the condom to have leaks? Is this just a big coincidence?

Thank you for your time. I am just incredibly worried.

Hi Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Also if lubricant is used it must be water based. They can decrease the risk of transmission. The other things to be concerned about are the other sexually transmitted infections that are out there. Those are much easier to get. I would recommend seeing your health care provider for a full STI (sexual transmitted infections) screening which would include an HIV test, to ensure you know what your status is. I would also get evaluation for your symptoms.

Oral sex risk/transmission
My risk