Can you get HIV from semen on bed/pillow?
Jan 27, 2014
can you get HIV from sleeping on a bed that had semen that was 3 to 4 hours old on the bed or pillows?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi No. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When They Do The Hiv Blood Test Do They Also Check For Herpes?
- What Is The Incubation Period For Hpv?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Herpes?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are Over The Counter Treatments For Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.