HIV blood in my drink

Hello Mrs. Southall I am only 22 and usually a very strong collected person until I had a scary experience recently. Please help! I went to buy a soda and the person who made it had a bandage on with blood stains that actually touched the liquid of my soda. Foolishy I did not think anything of it until after I had drank the whole thing because I was too distracted at the time. I know that HIV blood is inactivated when exposed to oxygen. However dosent a bandage prevent oxygen from reaching a wound? So wouldnt the HIV still be active inside the bandage? Im scared that the drink could have supplied a cold liquid medium for it to survive for the short time being because I drank it about 30 seconds after she filled it and finished it within two minutes. I would like to know biologically speaking that if in the worse case scenario this woman did have HIV could the HIV blood have survived behind the baindaid? Within 30 seconds would the low pH of the soda be able to inactivate the HIV blood? I am scared because I did have an open sore in my mouth and I drank the soda almost instantaneously. Should I get tested? Should I be concerned about other STDs such as hepatitis or herpes? Please Mrs. Southall give me your opinion and explanation. I dont know where else to turn! Thank you for your help!

Hi There's no need to worry about HIV. A bandaid just covers the wound it does not create an environment for HIV to survive in. Yes, though to your question about herpes or other infections. Having an open wound on the receiving end would present a situation for those types of infections to occur.

No need to get HIV tested. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

with my hiv infected friend
Can you get HIV from semen on bed/pillow?