|hiv from dentist
Jan 26, 2014
hi!a few days ago I went to the dentist and before he started a tooth extraction he put his hands on the door knob to close it.I am worry to not get a hiv infection if on the door was blood from a previous pacient thank you
| Response from Dr. Wohl
That is not how HIV is transmitted. The virus can not live on a door knob (how would it even get there?) and then get picked up in sufficient quantities on a hand and then find a way into your mouth and into your system.
Now a common cold virus is another story and if you start sneezing soon, blame him.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv At The Dentist?
- Achy Balls After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.