4th generation ELISA test accuracy

Hi Dr Wohl,

Thank you for the wonderful work you are doing!

I am bit confused regarding the type of test to take and their respective window periods. It seems that the antibody test after 3 months has been the standard, but I have been reading that the 4th Generation ELISA is just as conclusive at the 4 week mark. Is this correct? I'm schedule to take the 4th Generation test at the 5 week mark. Is this a good idea, or should I wait until the 3 month mark.

The p24 component of this test turns positive in about t a week after infection. Therefore, at 5 weeks a negative test is very reliable.

Writing 2nd time, after wait of 3 weeks. Plz help
hiv from dentist