Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Whats happening to me!? Had sex with prostitute.
Jan 24, 2014

5 1/2 months ago I had protected intercourse and unprotected oral sex with a prostitute in Tijuana, MX. I was extremely drunk so of course I would make terrible decisions. 3 weeks after the incident I began feeling symptoms of malaise. Nausia, diarrhea and lightheadedness lasted for about 7-10 days. A little after that I bagan experiencing severe stomach pains in periodic waves that only lasted a few seconds. These waves went on for a week. A sore in the back of my mouth the size of a quarter that seemed to indicate thrush appeared and lasted for only a week. I had these bumps resembling acne that woukd start out flat, dime-sized red spots painful to the touch. Over a few days the would raise and would be hard and fe days later just beging to start flaking off as dry skin. Some would actually develop a whitehead and pop like a pimple and greenish yellow puss come out. These would appear in clusters of 5 or six. Also some would appear on my head and once popped a same sized bald spot would appear.. Once went away, another cluster woukd appear. This lasted for 3 months ad got worse when stressed out. It could not be related to stress because i am stressing even more now but those painful rashes no longer appear. During this whole time, I had a cluster of swollen lymph nodes on the left side of my neck closer to collar bone. I read about the reasons of lymphnodes to be swollen on the left side and only cancer and hiv were described. So I had a Hiv-1 RNA test and came back negative, ELISA hiv 1/2 antibody test which also came back negative. I also had the 8 panel std test all of which were negative. Based on the tests it would seem I am HIV neg. But I. Believe it is far too great of a coincidence to have had sex with prostitute and all of a sudden exude symptoms indicative of hiv and truely be negative. Could my 2010 three year diagnosed overactive immune sytem and enlarged thyroid play a role in reasons why I would not test positive for antibodies, for my immune system is too busy fighting itself? Another concern I have is I am roomates with my brother and he thinks im crazy for believing I have hiv. He had used my electric shaver and a week later he got flu like symptoms and now had the same pimples like structures on his chest and on his head that form bald spots. And his girlfriend got flu like symptoms a week after he did, i assume they had sex and she also has a rash all over her leg that looks like what is decribed as the macropapular rash. How could all of this be a coincidence?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

You are not HIV positive. None of your symptoms or those of your brother and his girlfriend are HIV-related either.

The incident you described was not high-risk. Protected penetrative and unprotected oral sex are low-risk, and in my opinion, no risk.

Bottom line: You did not acquire HIV during this incident. If these symptoms continue then I would suggest a visit to your doctor or dermatologist. They can help you determine what is causing them. It is not HIV.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Am i in the clear?
Next
Am I seroconverting?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.