Transmission while on ART

Before asking my question, I will give you the details of my current situation: - I, the infected partner, am a WOMAN - I am and have been on ART and my viral load is UNDETECTABLE for over a year - I do not have any other STIs - My partner(man) is not hiv positive - We ALWAYS use condoms (for vaginal and anal intercourse) - I have received oral sex (with the okay of my doctor that it would not be performed during or several days before and after my period.

What are the odds of transmission, given the details above? I am not seeking for a specific number (although it would be great), but more an idea on the likelihood of my partner contracting HIV.

Hi You and I are both in the same situation. So I can speak to this from a personal perspective as well. The risk, incredibly low! With all of the information you have listed it brings into play a recent study that found that the risk for transmission in this situation can be reduced by up to 96%. It is also much more difficult for a woman to transmit the virus to men.

Keep up the good work and both you and your partner will be fine!

daughter bit friend
A tiny cut from a Shaving stick