Complera/Eviplerea and Calories

I have been taking complera for 1 year with good results. I wonder about the requirement to take it with a 400 calorie meal... If I take it without eating (I like to fast occasionally) is it completely ineffective or just less effective?

It definitely needs food to be well absorbed. The dose of rilpivirine in Complera is on the low side and if you skip meals there may be too little drug entering your system to control the virus long term.

If you can not keep up with the food requirement (it is not only calories but also some fat and non-liquid food that must be ingested) tell you provider and consider a switch to an alternative medication.

How to choose a Doctor
i guess u will nt ans...