Complera/Eviplerea and Calories
Jan 13, 2014
I have been taking complera for 1 year with good results. I wonder about the requirement to take it with a 400 calorie meal... If I take it without eating (I like to fast occasionally) is it completely ineffective or just less effective?
Response from Dr. Wohl
It definitely needs food to be well absorbed. The dose of rilpivirine in Complera is on the low side and if you skip meals there may be too little drug entering your system to control the virus long term.
If you can not keep up with the food requirement (it is not only calories but also some fat and non-liquid food that must be ingested) tell you provider and consider a switch to an alternative medication.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.