How to choose a Doctor

I was recently diagnosed and will be starting a new job with health insurance. How should I choose a primary doctor for treatment.

This is not a safe sex question but I will provide some advice to you regarding selecting an HIV clinician. Foremost you want a provider who has considerable experience treating and managing HIV infection.

Ask what proportion of her patients are HIV+. Ideally, at least half of your provider's clientele should be HIV+. You also should check to see that the provider is known and plugged into the local HIV/AIDS community network. Call the largest AIDS organization in your area and ask to speak with a director. Ask who would be a good provider for you. Who do they go to?

Lastly, when meeting the provider be free to ask questions about expertise. If they are defensive, that is a bad sign and you might want to look elsewhere.

The HIV Medical Association of America (http://www.hivma.org/Home.aspx) has a Find a Provider link. It only lists their members rather than qualified non-members but is a good start.

Tested positive for chlamydia, had sex 4 days later.
Complera/Eviplerea and Calories