Jan 13, 2014
Hello, I was wondering if consuming a drink with contaminated blood in it will result in being infected? I know without the blood in the drink its fine, as saliva is fine, but what if there is blood in the drink (eg carton of milk) or on the lip of the container. also what if there are cuts in the drinkers mouth and they consume the drink? what if the drink was in the freezer with the blood then consumed? Thank you Paranoid
Response from Dr. Wohl
No risk here. You would need to drink lots (pints, gallons) of blood to risk HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Swallowing Precum Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Take Amoxicillin For Vaginal Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.