Jan 13, 2014
Hello, I was wondering if consuming a drink with contaminated blood in it will result in being infected? I know without the blood in the drink its fine, as saliva is fine, but what if there is blood in the drink (eg carton of milk) or on the lip of the container. also what if there are cuts in the drinkers mouth and they consume the drink? what if the drink was in the freezer with the blood then consumed? Thank you Paranoid
| Response from Dr. Wohl
No risk here. You would need to drink lots (pints, gallons) of blood to risk HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Somebody Get Infected With Hiv Through Drinking Infected Blood?
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Does Amoxicillin Treat Chlamydia?
- Is A Brownish Discoloration Vaginal Discharge Means You Have A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.