Eye contact with dry clotted- blood

Good day Shannon, i have a friend who is sexually active and he has a deep cut on his arm. i saw the cut on his arm and it's already dried up..the other day, while talking with him, he peeled off the dry clotted- blood fron his arm and throwed it into my eyes..im sure it's a small volume of blood because my eyes didn't react to badly. Do i have the risk of HIV from the scene? and do i need to be tested? Dear Shannon, i hope you can answer my question..thank you and more power to you guys.you really helped alot..im bob from philippines

Hi My first reaction is ugh!!! Throwing scabs at someone!

Anyway, there is no risk of HIV transmission this way. Even if your friend had/has HIV this is not a way for transmission to happen. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. Also once HIV leaves the body it begins to die and becomes unable to infect.

Really worried mom
Worried alot about HIV please answer