worried i contracted HIV

Hi Shannon,

Last month I went to a massage parlor and during the massage the masseuse (female) was naked and she put oil on my back and preformed a body to body massage where she would slide on my back. After that she gave me a handjobwith oil and she licked my testicles for a few seconds. I am worried that either on my back I might have had open pimples or possibly her vaginal fluid came in contact with my anus in which I do have hemmoroids that bleed often. The last month I have been sick common cold and flu symptoms. Please let me know my risk and if I should be tested for this experience as I have alot of anxiety about this.

Hi There is no risk of HIV transmission through your experience. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

Testing can always bring a peace of mind that you need. The testing guidelines for HIV are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure and then again at 90 days. As long as there are no other exposures happened during this time frame than the results are conclusive. I always recommend that everyone get tested to know their status.

PRETTY WORRIED
HIV from tears please help