Scratch- HIV scare

Good day Dr. Shannon, recently, we had our bar hopping activity, while on the dance floor, someone grabbed me forcefully..after that day, i noticed that i have a scratch on my right arm, it was not so deep and it began to heal..I gone panicking with this scratch..can i get HIV from this scratch if that person intentionally infect me with HIV..huhu..im so lost now,,i have OCD..i really live in my own illusion..

Hi No you cannot get HIV from this type of exposure. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

risk of getting hiv from small peeling skin and red thin skin around the nail?
hi