The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Tip of penis went into the anus

Jan 6, 2014


Thank you for all that you are doing here, you are the best source of knowledge about HIV on the net.

Today I was making out with a guy and one thing led to another. He started rubbing his penis against my anus and pushed it, like if he wanted to get in. I am afraid that the tip of his penis went into my anus. It didn't hurt but I was so dilated, I think it might have gone in and I didn't notice. Does that pose a high risk of acquiring HIV?

Thank you very much

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Thank you for your comments and we are happy to be here to answer your questions.

Unfortunately anytime you have unprotected exposure you put yourself at risk for not just HIV but all of the other sexually transmitted infections. I would recommend that you see your healthcare provider for a full screening of all the STI's. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

The peace of mind that you need will come from the results of all the test.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

touched alot of semen

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint