do i got adis

dr sharon, this the second time i am sending you my qustion please help me am i infected Dec 10, 2013 I have sex with a sex worker. Actually i was drunk. I used condom and had oral an vaginal sex with condom.. I cannot sleep and i cant tell such thing to my wife if anything occurs. Is it possible that i got HIV Please help me. thank you in advance

Hi HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off.

From what you described your risk of HIV transmission is incredibly low, but the other thing to remember is that HIV is not the only sexually transmitted infection that can occur and condoms don't protect against all of those. If you have any symptoms, pain while urinating, drainage or lower pelvic pain etc I would recommend being seen by your health care provider, but again HIV transmission from your experience is incredibly low.

Licking and fingering my ass hole
Follow up question