Contaminated Pressure?

I work in a lab, and stuck the tip of my finger with a needle in a transfer straw while throwing it away after transferring urine through it. There was no visible blood in the urine, but my first instinct was to put pressure on the wound with my thumb. I was wearing gloves but, while I had also handled many other specimens, they were contaminated with serum, blood, etc. There was also a paper towel at hand which I used to wipe the wound and apply pressure, but it was a towel that I work over, so was also possible contaminated with serum. Again, instinct took over and not common sense. The wound was bleeding, but it wasn't deep.

My question is is it possible to have rubbed serum into the wound while trying to stop the bleeding? or by pressing the finger into the towel used to keep spills off the desk?

The accident was reported, but I'm just slightly worried in the meantime.

Thanks alot!

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Something that helps us know off the bat that there's no risk for HIV is the lack of fresh blood around.

There was no significant quantity of blood around that had just left another person's body.

Hope this helps,

Erik

Penetrating her vagina with fingers - any risk of HIV?
Contact with a patient with HIV, fresh blood touched my scab