Hiv worry

Recently had unprotected sex in Thailand. 2 days later I got aching testes. This has been present on and off for 7 days. 2 days after aching testes I had a bout of diareah which lasted 2 days and my tested eased after going the toilet. After 8 days I got a sore neck, presuming sore glands. Lost my appetite for 2 days maybe due to worry. I could just be paranoid and full of anxiety. Also been drinking alcohol heavily during the periods. My main concern is hiv infection as it was on the 2nd day of my holiday when the encounter occurred and I've got 5 weeks to go. Worrying is making me shake and anxious along with palpatations.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Unprotected vaginal and anal sex are considered high risk for HIV. Unprotected oral sex is considered low risk. So yes, you have had risk for HIV.

While you wait to get a HIV test (we recommend waiting 3 months), it's very important to not rely on perceived symptoms to tell you your status. That's not how it works. For example, the things that you mentioned could be caused by tons of things, so we have only the one way of know if it's HIV or something else: the HIV test.

Hope this helps,

Erik

SOS
Condom Treaed During Sex