The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Dec 31, 2013

A mistake at a sex club that is worrying my wife and I. In june we were at a sex club and my wife was fingered by another girl and I had protected sex. In the morning my wife felt discomfort from being fingered as if she was cut on the inside. She noticed a bit of blood on her shirt and assumed this was from being cut when fingered. 8 to 9 weeks later she was extremely tired, broke out in a rash and had a slightly swollen lymph node. This has been of concern.... Fast forward to this month December my wife has what appears to be a small patch of shingles on her left side (10-12 red dots)...itchy and painful. We have now read that shingles is a sign of HIV and the other symptoms mentioned are as well. Can Ars symptoms occur after 8 weeks and can she get shingles within 6 months of possible exposure? We are very concerned and obviously scared.

Response from Mr. Glenn

I'm very to hear about your wife's discomfort.

That said, nothing that you're telling my points to HIV.

Shingles is a symptoms of.. SHINGLES. The fatigue, rash, and slightly swollen lymph node are very very common things that happen to everyone at one point in their life or another. Swelling lymph are an indication of an infection, that's true. But it could be any infection in the world!

What I would suggest is for your wife to go in to see a doctor about her discomfort. By all means, sharing her sexual history.

Hope this helps,


Someone else's nose bleed on my hand
Worried about Hep C

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint