Shingles

A mistake at a sex club that is worrying my wife and I. In june we were at a sex club and my wife was fingered by another girl and I had protected sex. In the morning my wife felt discomfort from being fingered as if she was cut on the inside. She noticed a bit of blood on her shirt and assumed this was from being cut when fingered. 8 to 9 weeks later she was extremely tired, broke out in a rash and had a slightly swollen lymph node. This has been of concern.... Fast forward to this month December my wife has what appears to be a small patch of shingles on her left side (10-12 red dots)...itchy and painful. We have now read that shingles is a sign of HIV and the other symptoms mentioned are as well. Can Ars symptoms occur after 8 weeks and can she get shingles within 6 months of possible exposure? We are very concerned and obviously scared.

Response from Mr. Glenn

I'm very to hear about your wife's discomfort.

That said, nothing that you're telling my points to HIV.

Shingles is a symptoms of.. SHINGLES. The fatigue, rash, and slightly swollen lymph node are very very common things that happen to everyone at one point in their life or another. Swelling lymph are an indication of an infection, that's true. But it could be any infection in the world!

What I would suggest is for your wife to go in to see a doctor about her discomfort. By all means, sharing her sexual history.

Hope this helps,

Erik

Someone else's nose bleed on my hand
Worried about Hep C