please please answer me,this is third time,risk from touching blood

i accidentaly touched a dirty towel of my roommate in his room. And i noticed there is blood on that,not much and wasn't very wet though but definately new, i think he had it on like 10,15 minutes ago when he entered his room and left. At first i didn't think much about it, but lately when study about hiv,i become more worry. He's kind of a dark person, his room is always dark, so there isn't much air enter. I'm afraid the air in his dark room can disinfected the hiv virus if he had, i assumed..... What make me even more worry is that i have a bad habit to bite the skin around my nail all the time, so it always red,thin and messy,i even bite to deep that it hurt and leave it really red but dona't bleed. Moreover i have a small peeling skin too on my finger too(around the nail,no bleeding). Can this cause me to be infected ?

Response from Mr. Glenn

There is no risk of HIV from touching old blood.

..

My real concern with reading your post is how out of control all this feels to you, when in fact the details very clearly speak to no risk.

I would encourage you to get down to the real cause of your anxiety. Is is about a weird relationship with your roommate? Do you have a tendency to see disease even after you've been assured that it's not there?

Hope this helps,

Erik

Can i get HIV from a masseuse
Tip of penis itches