Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hiv Risk worried ! strange
Dec 31, 2013

Hi i am really worried, last night is the first time i had sex with a thai ladyboy sex worker... I was the one ******* and i used a condom for the act. i didnt kiss or anything... however i am worried because sometimes the condom rolls a little back, is not always covering the entire shaft, theres a little bit of the shaft at the end always exposed. I may be stupid or thinking too much but excuse my ignorance. Am i at any risk of hiv ? as this is a sex worker... Also in the future do i have to worry about part of my shaft not being covered if doing anal sex. This sounds odd but u cannot keep rolling the condom fully back at every minute of intercourse. Also assuming i always wear a condom and it never breaks does this protect me even if the person is positive? thanks for your help

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your questions,

A condom rolling down is fine as long as it's snug and still covering the head of your penis. You're basically making sure that no fluid from someone else gets in the hole at the end of your penis.

As for your other question: "Also assuming i always wear a condom and it never breaks does this protect me even if the person is positive?"

Yes, absolutely. That's the point of condoms. They're very good at what they do! You can help the condom stay intact by using latex condoms, water-based lubrication, and only one at a time.

Hope this helps,

Erik

P.S. You asked another question: "Am i at any risk of hiv ? as this is a sex worker." Whether your sex partner is a sex worker is not really important when figuring out your risk. What's important is what your sex is like and the safe sex techniques you used.

Previous
hepatitis from picking nose with dirty finger nails
Next
Foreplay

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.