The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Touching wet and dry semen with hands or other body parts

Dec 31, 2013

Dear Mr Glenn,

I'm gay and I performed handjob on another man, who cummed on my hand. There was no observable wounds on my hand. However, there may be some some small and unobservable cuts on my hand due to dryness... If so, what is the risk for me of getting HIV or other STDs due to the handjob?

Similarly, sometimes, men cum on my body. Can I get HIV or other STDs due to this sexual act?

Another question is contacting HIV or other STDs through dried semen. I have read that HIV viruses die when semen or even blood is dried. Is that true? What if the semen get wet again because of water, will the HIV viruses come to life again? If I clean a dried semen spot with water without wearing gloves, even there may be cuts on my hands, will I get infected with HIV or other STDs?

Thank you very much!

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your questions,

There is no risk for HIV/STDs from what you're talking about. Handjobs or cumming on someone's body doesn't transmitted HIV/STDs. This could change if there's a dramatic open wound that they're cumming into, but I really don't think you're talking about that. Very safe activity!

In regards to your last question, it's as simple as this: when HIV dries it dies. Like everything else in the world, dead is dead. No resurrection here.

Hope this helps!


Period blood
Cold Urticaria and HIV

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint