Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Period blood
Dec 31, 2013

I had sex with the sex worker with the protection, when I finished suddenly I saw her period come out, her menstrual blood touches my skin (healthy skin), I cleaned the blood with towel, then go to the toilet to shower the blood, after that I realize there is a small open cut in my toe. Could the water with the blood run to my opened cut? Please advice me, thanks so much, the condom is not broken and she has the HIV test one month ago with negative result.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Sounds like there was no risk from this situation. a small open cut would actually need to be a big fresh open cut. Otherwise, it's not really open. Old cuts are generally closed, especially if they're small.

So without a way for blood to get inside your body, there's no chance for HIV to get inside your body and infect you. On top of that the blood was diluted! Which means less of it would have even come in contact with you!

No risk.

Hope this helps,

Erik

P.S. Letting us know that you had sex with a sex worker may seem like a helpful bit of advice, but that's not helpful in knowing what your risk for HIV/STDs was. What is helpful is knowing what you did with your sex partner (sex worker or not). Keep in mind that sex workers get STDs/HIV from.. the men who have sex with them.

Previous
Chance of contracting hiv
Next
Touching wet and dry semen with hands or other body parts

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.