ACUTE HIV SYMPTOMS

Respected Ma'am I have this STD phobia since a ong time,recently i commited a foolish act i went to a sex worker and did not have any sex with her,din't even remove my clothes fearing transmission of hiv.I just wanted to see her body thats it,during this the sex worker snatched some money from me and i tried to snatch my money back and suddenly there was a papercut on my index finger with a little bit of blood flowing.I dont know how did the cut happen,was it her nail which pierced my index finger or was she hiding a blade in her nails all these thoughts have started to come in my mind and now 17 days after that i am having severe cold, swollen lymph nodes of the neck and i assume that i have been infected with hiv and this is really freaking me out please help me i am really worried.I dont have any fever or rash yet.Thanks and regards please addres my concern waiting for ur reply

Hi HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

Your experience with just a papercut and no exchange of body fluid does not pose a risk. Even if she had blood or fluid on her fingers and that fluid had HIV in it, there first was not enough fluid for transmission to happen and HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and becomes unable to infect.

You are probably experiencing symptoms from just the flu or a cold.

HIV and Lymph Nodes - Please someone answer
Lymph Nodes - worried please answer 3rd time asking