HIV and Lymph Nodes - Please someone answer

Can a person have HIV in Lymph Nodes only and test negative. I read only 2% of HIV is in blood anyway. Is there an HIV test for Lymph Nodes?

I tested Negative a 4 months however have sore throat and swollen lymph node in belly button(weird) area?

Hi If someone is infected with HIV it does not only locate itself in one area of the body. It will be in blood, semen, vaginal fluid, mothers breast milk. Lymph nodes are a major part of your immune system and react when the body is fighting something. If you think back to when you have seen your health care provider in the past for an ear infection, sinus infection, cold etc they always feel around your neck, this is looking for swollen lymph nodes. With your test results coming back negative at 4 months and as long as there have been no other possible exposures during this time the results are conclusive.

I would recommend following up with your health care provider since your lymph nodes are still swollen and tender and you have other symptoms to see what else may be going on, but again it is not HIV with your test results being negative you are HIV free.

Hiv and abortion
ACUTE HIV SYMPTOMS