HIV Risk - Richard I need your Help! Please!

Hi Richard,

I suffer from severe OCD and see a Therapist and Psychiatrist for it, so warning, I WORRY A LOT!

I have been married 5 years and both my wife and I are very faithfully to each other. Recently I started worrying about the time before I was married. A year before I was with my wife (6 years ago), I was with a female of unknown status. We played around with our hands for a while, but did not have vaginal or anal intercourse. But while we were playing around some of her vaginal fluid dripped onto my face. I dont think it got into my mouth or eyes or anything, I cant be 100% sure.

Two months ago I saw something about HIV and thought back to that experience 6 years ago before I was married and started freaking out. I started Googling symptoms, of course after Googling the symptoms I started to experience the symptoms.

I really started to freak out. I did an OraQuick HIV At-Home test about two months ago. It was negative. I chilled for a few minutes then I started worrying that maybe I did it wrong. Two weeks later I did another one and it was negative. I chilled out for about a month and then I felt like I as having more symptoms so I started to freak out. My wife told me to go to the doctor and get an antibody blood test. Last month I went and had an antibody blood test from LabCorp. It came back negative. I chilled out for a few days and then started freaking out again. Last week I talked my wife into going to the doctor and getting an antibody HIV test. She went and had the same test I had and it came back negative.

I cant stop worrying, my wife, Primary Care Doctor, Therapist, Psychiatrist all say its in my head and I am causing all the symptoms that I do not have HIV and I need to move on.

A friend told me I could get a HIV RNA PCR test to confirm all my negatives but I cant afford that.

Do you think my exposure was high risk? Do you think I need to do any more testing? Or is it time to move on because I in fact do not have HIV?

Thank you and Happy Holidays!!!!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there.

1: Your risk was not high at all. In fact, there was NO RISK.

2: No. You do not need to do anymore testing.

3: It's time to move on.

In health,

Richard

Risk about Finger
HIV/HCV risk from oral sex and testing