Cut on finger in contact with blood!!! Please help me

Please please help me? I need help with this experience. I had a cut on my thumb and I had to attend a camp where we played games and I had to hold hands and interlock hands/fingers with a partner. My cut on my thumb wasn't fully healed, it was still red, swollen and painful when pressed. I didn't put any plaster and I don't know if it was bleeding. I realised my partner also had cuts on his fingers, but I am not sure whether his cuts were open wounds or if they were still bleeding. And I am not sure of his HIV status as well. What I am afraid is that if he was HIV positive and his wound was not healed/closed, is there any chances of his blood getting into contact with my wound when we interlocked hands during the game? I'm not sure if there is any risk with my experience? Please help me! In a panic now. Thank you!

Hi Thank you for your question and much to your relief you are HIV free from this experience!!! HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. HIV transmission through casual contact such as you encountered does not pose a risk.

Bad Shrimp or ARS
Situation at a store