Bad Shrimp or ARS

Hello and Happy Holidays.

I recently started dating someone two months ago... We have been going through condoms like crazy and have used them consistently except for one slip up after too many drinks in which i was the top and we continued to have sex after the condom broke.

Now about six weeks later I am getting over a seasonal cold (which didn't set off my ocd) but then two days ago i come down with a horrible bout of headache slight fever and diarrhea. I felt the worst ever for about 24 hours. No swollen glands or rashes that i noticed. Can ARS present itself in such a manner or did I have a bad shrimp omlet - that's what I am blaming it on, haha.

I am planning on asking him to get tested with me but I want to approach it appropriately. I was just tested (neg) before we got hot and heavy.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hi there While I would love to give you a definite answer here (shrimp or ARS) it is impossible to know and getting tested is really the only way to know for sure. My guess is the shrimp but given that you did have an occasion of unprotected sex, it is important to get tested and know for sure. And then perhaps avoid mixing dairy and shellfish. take care. LHW

Scared to the point I'm seeing stuff!
Cut on finger in contact with blood!!! Please help me