This is conclusive?
Dec 20, 2013
I made a 4th generation test after 97 days of the exposure (negative), and I have some question.. please help me, i'm stressed with it 1) I have vitiligo, can it dalay the soroconversion? (because its a autoimunne desiase) 2)If something delay my soroconvertion, the p24 test of the 4th combo will work well? This "p24 part" of the test can really detect the protein nicely? 3) May i do another test for sure? Thanks you a lot and sorry for the bad english (i am brazilian)
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there A ab/ag 4th generation test is conclusive by 3 months after exposure. Vitiligo would not affect the accuracy of the test. You can certainly test again for reassurance but it will be negative. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Should I Get Tested
- Blisters After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.